Welsh Xtrem 2019
” THERE’S A STORM A BREWIN’….”
Brace yourselves ……. it’s nearly time for some of the most exciting Xtreme off road challenge teams to get focused, be fearless, and, to split the odd Welsh infinitive, ….. i fynd boldly!!!
The lakebed dust is only just settling after the off road quake that was KOH 2019. The challenge style events epicentre may have been 1000s of mile away in Johnson Valley, California, but the mind blowing adrenalin wave has carried across the ocean and, losing nothing in momentum, is about to make landfall!!!
Organisers and crews alike are making final adjustments, only just reigning in the growing tide of excitement as they prepare for the 7th edition of the Welsh Xtrem …. a gruelling, all action, multi discipline event, that will push competitors to the limit of driver ability and crew team work, whilst testing tactical planning under Xtreme, hi octane pressure.
Months of meticulous work and preps have been willingly dedicated by Jason ‘Nobby’ Morgan and his well practiced and experienced team, to put in place an event that the organisers hope will make this year’s Welsh Xtrem even bigger, better and bolder than ever before.
ORWW will be following the event, with many thanks to the Welsh Xtrem team for an all access on-line view to their event, so check in with us here, where we’ll link up for a run down and coverage from those on site, and, to get maximum screen time viewing, you can also go to the events own Fb page (details below) and ‘like’ page for notification of real ‘live’ coverage throughout the weekend.
The Welsh Xtrem team want you to get as much out of the event as poss., so here’s the overview of the 2019 event to help make some plans:
- Friday 8th March 14:15: Odyssey Battery #FunFriday It’s the warm up! Each vehicle will perform this Section one at a time. It shapes the line up for the rest of the event!
- 18:00 – 22:30: Wilderness Lighting Special Night Section. (not brilliant for spectating but for the true Xtrem off-road fans not one to be missed)
- Saturday 9th March 09:00 – 18:00: Special Section Saturday at the #xtrem19. This is worth a trip to come and see. We will have no less than 15 Special Sections and new for the 2019 event 5 Super Special Sections for our Competitors to complete. It’s going to be a long hard day in the office for these brave guys and girls.
- 19:00: We have an evening of entertainment planned. Food and Drinks will be available to purchase, It is a chance to spend time with the Organisers, Competitors and Marshals. The evening will include an Auction at 20:30 you are all welcome to come and take part.
- Sunday 10th March 09:00 – 16:00: Its the Gigglepin #SuperSunday. Quite simply do as many laps as you can!
- 17:00: or sooner if we can Prize Giving.
There are toilets on site, but it s a field in the middle of Wales please don’t expect the marble sinks and heaters to dry your hands.
You can watch some of the Action LIVE on the Welsh Xtrem Facebook Page please like the page to make sure you receive the notifications that we are live. https://www.facebook.com/TheWelshXtrem/ there is lots more useful information also on that page so why not check it out?
Leave a Reply